Friday, August 29, 2008

Botox-In-A-Can...

Alright, for you older ladies out there, don't get excited...I don't actually have botox-in-a-can.....


What I do have, however, is a finishing spray that will hold your make-up better than an Evian pump.
I remember buying my can of Kryolan for the first time. I went into Industry Cosmetics down on College and Bay in Toronto, and I saw this glow from a far corner....It was calling to me....."Buy Me....BUYYYY Me....." it seemed to say.....


Ok, so it didn't sing to me, but I was highly interested as I'd heard girls using setting sprays that was essentailly over-priced mineral water. Yea! Like, Vichy and Evian both make one, AND you can get setting sprays from MAC and Make-Up Forever...Which cost you $40 bucks and it's just a sort of mist....And don't get me wrong, when you're on a plane for a long time and your face is dehydrated, alot of women do enjoy this as a refresher, but I wouldn't spend more than $1.50 where I can just hook it up to a spray bottle and mist my face instead of putting down a second mortgage on my house for the same idea but with a cute little name on it...






ANYWAY.....So I'm at Industry, and I buy the can. I take it home and do a make-up application on my sister for some party she's off to, and I say "Hey, I got this new thing, and I want you to be my guinea pig" So I spray her....and she looks at me, her face frozen....Her creases unable to crease....And she calls it...."Botox-In-A-Can". So, that's what it's coined for me and my regulars.


If you're just an every day lady, and you're getting your make-up done, make sure that your artist has some sort of setting spray. The reason why this is so great, other than the fact that it freezes your face (which is actually a temporary feeling, you get used to it and you can move around again) is because it's really does keep everything from slipping off in heat, sweat and rubbing on other people when you kiss and hug and move around. Kryolan is more for theatre make-up, but I use it every time I have a big day and all my customers think it's fabulous.


If you're an artist, don't go spending your hard earned money on a $40 can at Industry for a small can. Order it online at Cosplaysupplies and get a HUGE can for $23.


I know on this blog I'm sounding totally frugal. But this is what keeps my prices low and keeps money in my pocket. I don't mind spending on good stuff, but it has to be worth my dollar. To be a successful businesswoman like myself :) you have to be smart with every penny you make...

No comments: